Winona Arts Center - Outreach Specialist
Request For Proposals (Open Through December 15, 2023)
Initial Contract - Six months, renewed annually thereafter
Not to exceed 40 hours per month
Reports to: Winona Arts Center Board of Directors
Directs Reports: None
The Winona Arts Center (WAC) seeks an experienced Outreach Specialist to assist in leading the organization’s outgoing communication efforts with an emphasis on promotion and support of our seasonal lineup of concerts, art classes, and events. Our ideal partner is primarily accountable for the production and maintenance of the organization's visibility through the WAC website, social media channels, as well as communications with WAC Members, contracted performing artists, media outlets, and the Winona community at large.
- Website & Social Media Account Maintenance
- With direction from the Board, keep WAC website up to date with current information as it relates to events, exhibitions, and general information.
- Promote all WAC events on the website, social media and community calendars.
- General and Special Event Marketing
- With direction from the Board, design the monthly digital and print version of WAC At a Glance and design special event digital and print materials as needed (includes content for social media, printed marketing collateral, event tickets, etc.).
- Manage booking contracts for performing artists
- Ensure artists who use WAC facilities and resources are receiving all of the correct paperwork and that it is returned in a timely manner.
- Work with said performing artists to ensure all necessary information is collected for promotional efforts.
- Utilize Eventbrite for ticket sales and promotion.
- Complete necessary post-event reporting to the Board of Directors.
- Manage growing WAC Membership database
- Conduct routine maintenance of membership database (currently consisting of approximately 270 active members).
- Execute email and physical mailings notifying members of membership renewals.
- Update membership database with new and renewing memberships that are submitted via mail and website submissions.
Other tasks include:
- Meet with a representative of the programming committee and representatives from Board of Directors as needed
- Providing incoming financial reporting as it relates to membership, donations and memorials
The ideal candidate would also have experience with and access to these preferred resources:
- WordPress for website management
- Google Suite
- Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, or related design software
- Contract - Hourly (not to exceed 40 hours a month)
- Flexibility to work a varied schedule
- Work location: Remote, some in-person meetings required
- Benefits: Not applicable
Please submit a resume, cover letter, 2 professional references and a sample from a successful promotional campaign (flier, social media content, press release, etc.) from your portfolio to the Board of Directors at [email protected].
Submissions will be accepted through December 15, 2023. Interviews will be conducted through January 15, 2024 with the ideal candidate beginning work by the end of January 2024.
About the Winona Arts Center
The Winona Arts Center is proudly a place for people, a home for art. WAC is committed to increasing community awareness of the arts by featuring work of visual artists, providing space for performances, readings, films and encouraging participation in workshops, demonstrations, and classes for community members of all ages.
For the benefit of both art enthusiasts and artists, the upper level of the building contains the Frances Prentiss Lucas Gallery, performance stage and screening area which is home to the Winona Film Society, Winona Drum Circle, Drawing Circle, and more regularly convening community arts groups. The Arts Center’s lower level houses a studio for classes including the RiverBed Press print studio, coffeehouse and administrative office.